cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no compression on HP dat 72 tape

netservice
Level 2
Hello,
my name is shahar and I recently bought HP tape and "symantec backup exec 11d for win server 2003"
my problem is that I can't backup more than 33 GB.
I think that symantec backup exec drivers causing this problem because after installing backup exec with symantec backup exec drivers I couldn't bakup more than 33 GB not in backup exec and not in others backup software like ntbackup or HP data protector express.
I also format my server and and succeed backup the same data ( 50 GB ) to the same media with NTBACKUP but only before installing symantec backupexec software and drivers.
after I have install symantec backup exec software and drivers my problem appears.
Even after uninstalling symantec backup exec software and drivers ' my problem coexist 
so how can I have a good symantec Backupexec drivers that I would succeed backup more than 33 GB.

I would be appreciate for any help
Thanks in advanced

shahar

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Shahar,

How is the tape device connected?

We have seen issues were the vendor drivers do work better then the Symantec drivers.  If this is the case for you, then I would recommend using the vendor drivers.  We do not require you to run Symantec drivers for all devices.

netservice
Level 2
hi,
thanks i will try installing hp drivers and let u know
TXagain