cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We'd like to create a DLO storage location on a NAS device using an UNC path.

TK-Mass
Level 3
We'd like to create a DLO storage location on a non-Windows, non-NetApp NAS device using an UNC path. But, the New Storage Location dialog wants a Computer Name, Path, and Storage Location Name.  I can choose the NAS as the Computer Name, but when I try to browse to the share, the NAS icon doesn't appear to have any qualified paths, according to DLO.  I just get a picture of the NAS, and when I type in the name of a valid UNC NAS name into the Path entry area, I get an error dialog that says "Please enter a fully qualified path, for example:  C:\MyFolder"

There was a prior thread about this back in Feb., (see https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=115&message.id=13434&query.id=8786#M13434)  and it appears as if the participants on that thread gave up and moved on.  Has Symantec issued any patches/enhancements that might allow me to do what I'm trying to do?  I also noted that the prior thread identified that an UNC path could indeed be used as a target for a disk-to-disk backup by BE, so it seemed that there was some hope. 

The NAS device we have is a recent ReadyNAS from NetGear/Infrant (model 4250), and it supports Active Domain Windows CIFS share access restrictions and also ACL file-level security settings. 

Tom

1 REPLY 1

LeoBCN
Not applicable
We are experiencing the same problem on a WD Ethernet drive.

Any help????

Thanks...