cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to change backup job

ralph_Plunkett
Level 2
I am trying to change a few resources in a backup job. When I try I get a message: Logon Account "System Logon Account" failed to access " my-server". The Item was not found. Then I am asked to select a logon account from a list.

I have recently upgraded from NT to AD. I can get into one of my other remote servers. I am using Backup Exec 9.1

Any ideas on what is happening?
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hallo,

Following technote would be helpful :

How to create a System Logon Account in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274012.htm

Can you Ping that server from Be Media server by Name as well as by IP Address ?
Is Remote Agent is installed and running properly on that remote server?

Please revert for further queries.

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

ralph_Plunkett
Level 2
I can ping the server by both name and IP. The RA is installed and running. I cannot create a new job to the server either. I have talked with Veritas about this and their stumped as well.

We ( Veritas and me) created a new service account and didn't have any better luck.

I will look athe the article.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please let us know whether the earlier mentioned article was of any help.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.