cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with backup exec 10 rev 5484

le_corre_eric
Level 2
Hello, sorry for my English words because i m French. I have got a problem with backup exec 10 rev 5484 Service pack 1.

the backup is always good but there is a problem with the verification. Sometimes there is no problem with the verification after backup and sometimes the job is block because of the verification.

I can see that sometimes afer the backup, the backup tape is ejected and next backup exec ask to insert again the tape for the verification. it is a problem because the backup is launch during the night, so the job is waiting for the tape and the morning we have to cancel the job.

i dont understand why backup exec eject the tape whereas the job is not finish.

thanks for help
more infomation : i have windows 2003 SBS (no service pack)
6 REPLIES 6

le_corre_eric
Level 2
need help

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Check in the tab 'alerts' and look for active unresponded alerts there. Have you configured backup exec to respond to alerts? From the backup job properties, go to device and media tab and verify if you have selected the option to 'eject media automatically after the job terminates?'

Refer to the following technote in order to configure alerts. Follow the steps mentioned and then run the jobs :

Title: How to configure Backup Exec to automatically respond to media alerts, including when a backup hangs at 99%, until the user responds to a tape eject prompt
http://support.veritas.com/docs/192055

Hope this helps resolve the problem. If the issue persists, you can write back to the forum. Additoinally you can also avail of the French Email support which is available at support.veritas.com.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

le_corre_eric
Level 2
yes, i have selected the option 'eject media automatically after the job terminates'

The job has work good since 8 days and today the job is block. I have to cancel the job.
it is not easy to find the problem.

i look the link you post.yes maybe it is a solution but in my problem, the tape is ejected automatically after the backup. And after ejected the tape, backup exec ask for the tape for the verification again.Message was edited by:
le corre eric

shilpa_Pawar
Level 4
Hi,

Yes, it would be better, if you configure BE to respond to these alerts automatically.

If the tape ejects out with the alert to "insert overwritable media", then at the time of backup media is full and requires another media. In this case you will need to provide second media to continue the backup.

This problem may also occur because the overwrite protection level is set at None.
With the overwrite protection level set to None, Backup Exec will automatically eject the tape after a backup as a safety precaution to protect the tape from being overwritten. Change the overwrite protection period to at least Partial to prevent the ejection of the tape before the verify.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

le_corre_eric
Level 2
"If the tape ejects out with the alert to "insert overwritable media", then at the time of backup media is full and requires another media. In this case you will need to provide second media to continue the backup."

no , i sure that the backup media is not full.

but i will try the solution you post

thanks
i will test ... and i wil post a message it is Ok nor not

bye

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

We will await your update regarding the status of the problem.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.