cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with creating .iso image using Disaster Recovery Wizard

uki
Level 2
Hello, 
I have Backup exec 11d running fine. Now i need to create an Disaster recovery ISO to burn on a CD.  I follow the guide and after 30-35% of progress bar show me system error message:

System Error Msg:---------------------------
Intelligent Disaster Recovery Preparation Wizard
---------------------------
Error extracting file <C:\Windows\i386\SETUPDD.SY_> to <C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\1\MYIDRCD1\I386\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\SETUPDD.SYS>.
System Error Msg:
OK  
Any solutions? Grateful for help.
3 REPLIES 3

Brad_Willadsen
Level 3
When the wizard asks you for the “Path to Windows Operating System Installation files”, provide the drive letter of the operating system installation CD  or provide a path where you might have a copy of the complete installation CD. The IDR bootable CD image requires some of the core operating system files from the installation media such as txtsetup.sif, setupdd.sys and so on and they will not be available on the installed system ( i.e.; they will not be present under c:\windows )

uki
Level 2
Thanks awfully! :) sorted.

Enrique
Not applicable

Hi,

I got the same problem and use the solution you give. But My doubt is that when restauring from the CD generated by IDR I won't have my server setting and will have a standard Win 2003 server setup. Did you try to restaure from the CD generated by IDR using a win2003 server CD as installation source ?