cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with saving data error : Violation of license A licence for Remote Agent for windows Systems is necessary

zakarione
Level 3
Hi,

Whene i want to save data with BackupExec 12.5 i have this error : " Violation of license A licence for Remote Agent for windows Systems is necessary  "
and whene i want to enter the licence key in Install options and licence keys on this media server no things happened, it did not launch.
I have remove .net framework 2.5 and install the 3.5 sp1 but i have the same problem, it is urgent I back up the data manually.
4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

The license for the RAWS agent gets installed on your local media server.
You can do this through Tools --> and then run the licensing wizard.
Once the license has been installed, go into your selection list, and browse to where you have the remote server (User-defined list/Domain list etc). Right-click that server, and then choose Install Advanced Open File/Remote Agent (I think that is it...).
Then try backing up the server in question again.

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

The license for the RAWS agent gets installed on your local media server.
You can do this through Tools --> and then run the licensing wizard.
Once the license has been installed, go into your selection list, and browse to where you have the remote server (User-defined list/Domain list etc). Right-click that server, and then choose Install Advanced Open File/Remote Agent (I think that is it...).
Then try backing up the server in question again.

Laters!

zakarione
Level 3

The problem is when i want to run the licensing wizard by tools nothing launched , this is the problem i already re install the . net framework but i have the same problem.

zakarione
Level 3

Is there any solution for this problem.