cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access is denied to Remote Agent" error after upgrade to win2k SP4

Tony_Ash
Level 2
We are running a Windows 2000 server with Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers version 9.1.
I upgraded from Windows 2000 SP2 to SP4. I did a test run after rebooting from the upgrade and received some errors:
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

I did check and the Remote Agent service is running
on both of our win2k servers. I rebooted both, same thing. I did a repair, same thing. I ran updates, rebooted, same thing.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the remote agent on both the local server and the remote server.
I also tried creating a new domain account with admin rights and assigning it as the logon account and changing the services credentials to use this account but I still get this error.

I am at a loss and don't know where to go next?
Do I have to uninstall / reinstall the entire application?
If so is there a way to backup my settings and import them when I resinstall?
Someone please help !
Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
PLease refer to this technote for clarificatio:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258988

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Tony_Ash
Level 2
I have already done all of the things listed in that document to no avail. I still get the same error message. The logon account is my domain administrator account, it has full access to everything, and yet this still doesnt work.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

The remote agent service should use local system account.If not using local system please change and then verify the result

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.