cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access to Exchange is not authorized with this edition fo the product"?? Please help

Edward_Charles
Level 6
Ok, here is my 4th attempt to get an answer from this forum since I never got any replies from our first 3 posts.
We sometimes (several times a month now) get this error and it then fails the backup since it does not backup Exchange:
Backup - Servermail \ D: ServerMailData
Access to the device ServerMail\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes is not authorized with this edition of the product
Access to the device ServerMail\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders is not authorized with this edition of the product

We run on WinServer2003SP2R2 and Symantec Backup Exec 10d and Exchange 2003 SP2 and all is properly licensed.
Overall the backups run ok but once or twice a month we get this error and it doesn't backup the Exchange Mailboxes and Public Folders.
The strange thing is that, as I mentioned, 98% of the time it all backs up fine and then for no reason it failes because it of the above mentioned error.
And Yes, all components are properly licensed and this is not a trial install which has expired.

Has anyone experienced this before or any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Thanks

Regards,
2 REPLIES 2

Hinkhig
Level 3
Hello,

I have just started having the same issue, does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks,
Jolyon

Edward_Charles
Level 6
Hi Jolyon,

I've been posting this for months now and still don't have an answer.
If you ever find anything on this please update this post as well.

Thank you.