cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Label media" does not label

Musicant_Morro
Level 2
we have:
Newly bought loader HP Storageworks 1/8 Ultrium 448.
BE 10.0.5520 with all hotfixes.
Win2003 with latest SP and hotfixes.

I inserted in loader 8 tapes, chose "Inventory"
All tapes somehow got labels as SLOT0001...SLOT008

Now I'm trying to "Label media", choose new label as "1.Monday", job ends without errors, and media label remains intact.
I tried "Inventory", "refresh", again "Label media" with no luck.

any help appreciated
8 REPLIES 8

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hello Musicant,

Have you installed the latest drivers ?

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0.5520 - Device Driver Installer (20050815) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20050115) and Robotic Library Release (47) (Intel Only)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/278408

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Dennis_Nelson
Not applicable
i have thesame issue even after installing the latest drivers

Meg_Tan
Not applicable
Hi Please help.. i have the same issue as well. We have HP Storagework Autoloader 1/8 Ultriuk 960 with windows 2003.

All tapes got labels as SLOT0001...SLOT008

I try to "Label media", but media label still cannot change to the name i defined
I tried "Inventory", "refresh", again "Label media" with no luck also.

Please help

Tam_Pham
Level 2
Hi - I'm having the same problem. I have the latest Backup exec, 10.0.5520 and lateest Tape Release Driver 20050115 installed.

I did not see a fix to this, yet. Can anyone help?

Running Window 2000 Sp 4
Backup Exec v10.0.5520.
HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 448

Thanks,
Tam

Lawrence_Kosin
Level 4
I am having the same problem. Latest drivers are installed. Label media job runs with no errors but the label stays the same.

Tam_Pham
Level 2
Yeah, after months of frustration... I found the solution... here it is for all... it's for Ultrium 232, 448 and 960 1/8 autoloaders with firmware 1.20 and 1.40. You'll need to update your firmware.

Just tried it and it work... here's a link to the document. Download the drivers from HP.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279773.htm

Lawrence_Kosin
Level 4
This doesn't fo me any good since I have HP SDLT 160/320 drives and all of my equipment is already at the most recent firmware level.

Musicant_Morro
Level 2
Yes, yes, yes
firmware 1.46 fixed problem