Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Media Mount failed" in 9.1

Joseph_Garcia
Level 3
Hi,
I am getting this error :

"Media mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.

The media operation was terminated by the user."

I get this error after I cancel a job because it is asking for overwritable media. But, I have configured the applicable alerts to auto-respond but I am apparently missing something. I have also set both Overwrite Protection Level and Protection periods to Infinite or None so there shouldn't be any checking going on. We just completely overwrite everything on a 2 week rotation. This had been working for a long time up until 2 weeks ago. I think another admin changed something. What's weird is the Byte Count shows the actual byte count so I think it is finishing the backup but just not showing a Completed Status because of the Alerts. Any ideas?

Joe
4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_Garcia
Level 3
Bump.

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Is the backup asking for a second tape? How much data are you backing up and on what type of media?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
What kind of a device are you using, and are you supplying the second tape when asked for?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Joseph_Garcia
Level 3
I think it is fixed. I totally didn't realize the backup was filling up the tape. I am using a 40/80 GB tape and the backup got to 66GB. It stopped working when it went from 60-66 GB. I didn't realize it was asking for a second tape, it just said insert overwritable media, should say "Insert Another tape" or something to that effect. Thanks for the replies.

Joe