cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore bkf file

dktexas_dktexas
Level 2
Hi!

I created an exchange 2000 bkf file using veritas 9.1 in my production environment . I have a test environment (another subnet) with no veritas backup media server.
When I try to restore with NT Backup the server uses 100 % CPU and hangs. How Can I restore the bkf file without having to need to create a veritas media server in my test environment? Can anyone help?
4 REPLIES 4

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Yes you can restore using NT Backup. You will need to Inventory and Catalog the tapes which have the backup sets and then try the restore operation.

In case you are already doing that, are you getting any specific errors when the restore hangs? If so,do elaborate the problem.
If the answer given above helps you, do let us know. If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards.

dktexas_dktexas
Level 2
I am testing Exchange 2000 disaster recovery. I have veritas remote agent on my production exchange server. The backup .bkf file is written on my veritas media server.
I copied my veritas .bkf file locally on my test server exchange 2000. I then successfully ran NT backup to catalog the bkf file.
After the catalog I tried to restore but to no success. In Active Directory Services Restore Mode I tried to restore system state to the original location which is D:\ using NT backup. The error message „Invalid Restore Selection. Target device not found“ is displayed. I then select alternate selection and enter D:\ (which IS the original location). The job hangs with 100% cpu. The restore does not work with any of my veritas bkf file.
Can u please help?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. An NT backup can be restores using backup exec. On the other if you are restoring a backup done with backup exec using NT backup which is failing please, You need to check why the NT backup is failing with Microsoft.

2. .bkf files created by the two are of the same format though thats the reason why backup exec can catalog and restore an NT backup.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.