cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore system state from unc file share

James_Rudley
Level 3
Hi, I am trying to restore the system state held on a nas (\\server\monthly\ and when i boot the DC up in restore mode and start veritas backup exec on the DC, I am getting authentication errors when trying to restore from the unc file share. Has anyone found a way around this?
6 REPLIES 6

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

What is the exact error during restore? What is the OS on NAS?

Are you performing IDR or manual DR?

Also note that redirected restore of System State is not supported!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

James_Rudley
Level 3
The error is a credentials error. Cannot authenticate. The nas is running windows storage server 2003 R2

I am performaning a manual DR

and is it possible to just copy over the folder, and make backup exec use that folder local on the computer?

And is this really being redirected? I am just using the backup stored on a share to restore to its original place.

Thanks again!

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please let us know the exact error message!

Have you changed the BE services credential to local system account.

Please refer this technote and try the restore:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236661.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

James_Rudley
Level 3
Anyone??

James_Rudley
Level 3
I figured it out. made a new account in veritas using the same l/p as the local file server. Thanks!!

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Thank you for an update.