cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection list problem

MyLee
Level 4

i installed new be2010R2 backup server on windows2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bits.

it seems everything is fine. but when i clicked  to create selection list for server, it was very very slow. you need to wait for 3 minutes display the new window. also the UI is not responding for a while.

could someone suggest how to solve it? i don't think reinstall can solve the problem.

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please check the event viewer to see if there are any events generated during the opening of the selection list...

Also if you have any anti-virus installed on the server then you may want to try the step to disable the anti-virus and then try opening the selection list.

The service Pack 1 for BE 2010 R2 is already released. So make sure you run Live updates and install SP1 before all the other steps.

Thanks,

-Sush...

MyLee
Level 4

no strange system log for be2010.

no antivirus was installed on the server.

i already install be2010r2, but not sp1 for be2010r2. when i clicked live update, it shows all the packgaes was install, not new available.

i am curious why it happened. still investigation....

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here is the link to doanload and install SP1 for BE 2010 R2.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH143670 : Backup Exec 2010 R2 revision 4164 Service Pack 1

Download and install the appropriate file (32 bit or 64 bit)

After installing SP1 make sure that the remote agent on the remote servers are also updated by push installing the remote agent again

Thanks,

-Sush...