cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

services stopped

rblumenthal0
Level 4
I am running backup exec 11d on a vm with windows server 2003. Last friday and this past friday the backup exec services somehow were stopped on the server. we did not touch the services, the only thing that was done was edit the selections. is there a reason the services just stopped? 2 weeks in a row this happened. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

chicojrman
Level 6

Can you check the event logs and post the errors possibly something happend before the job ran causing the services to not respond.

rblumenthal0
Level 4
I looked through the event viewer and only saw the information entries that teh services were sent a stop control and then a start control. When i logged in this morning it said that the services were all stopped. But i do not see any errors or anything. It was teh local services to connect and whatnot.

This has only happened on 2 Fridays, it does not happen during the weekdays.

chicojrman
Level 6
Open the service control manager and view the properties of the services for Backup Exec. There is a recovery tab where you can tell windows to automatically restart the service on failure. This will keep the services running while you troubleshoot the issue. Do you have any login restriction set to the account running the services? Are the services being run by the default local 'system' profile, or perhaps by a remote or otherwise specified user?
Try stopping all BE services. Disable the naming service if it's not already.
Now start the BE Alerter service. What are your results?
Repair BE installation and check the performance.