cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symantec2010 dlo problem

MyLee
Level 4

i use be2010 and also dlo. after i backuped data, i can't view it and even some jpg file. the error was the data was corupted or file format was not correct. further more, every file was added prefix and not easy to recoginize. 

how to make network path shorter? you see the path is so long and not good orgarnized. see below.

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is by design. You will be able to see the files that are backed up by DLO but you will not be able to open and access the file as they are in encrypted format.

Please refer to the following technote to know how DLO stores the backed up data

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158032 : Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) Backup Directory and Revision Formats

Thanks,

-Sush...

MyLee
Level 4

Further more, even I disabled encryption function, I still can't open data.

Like sush said, it was designed and can't change.

MyLee
Level 4

Thanks. but the link does not work.

see my scenario, maybe someone can help me.

I want dlo can help me some things. one colleague is always taking business trip and he want to synchronize his laptop data to file server and keep latest and one version data. if he changes some data, both data should be synchronized between each other. it is wise keep all the folder structure same. I mean if there are four folders(i.e, Contract, Invoice, Suppliers and Other Data) under D driver on his laptop, he also want same four folders(same as below: Contract, Invoice, Suppliers and Other Data) on file server. you can see previous picture that the path was total different if I use DLO backed up the data to file server.

High appreciated in advance for all of your suggestion.

thanks.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

it seems that the search site is under maintenenace due to which you are not able to open the technote. Please try open it after some time.

Also the path name selected will be by default .

Thanks,

-Sush...