cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to finish backup due to exchange agent

coop888
Level 2
\\SVR-EMSG\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-3850 - The media operation was terminated by the user. target="_blank">V-79-57344-33935 - The backup-to-disk folder that was specified for this job ran out of disk space. The backup set has been deleted, and the backup-to-disk folder has been paused. Either free some disk space, or specify a different backup-to-disk folder for the job. Before other jobs can use this folder, you must clear the Pause state. On the Devices view, right-click the folder and click Pause to remove the check mark. I am backing up to a external hard drive connected via usb.  The drive is not out of space.  it is working fine.  It does not show the device as paused or any other errors.  It will sit at loading media forever.  I finally have to cancel it and this is what shows up in the job log.  Also I noticed that it suddenly created a lot of small 2k backup catalog files.  It works fine up until it gets to the mailbox backup.  there are no events at all, ever until I cancel the job. The server is win 2k3 and the exchange is 2k7.  I am at a loss.  I have tried for 3 days to get it to go thru but no luck.
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
How much free space is there on the USB drive?

How big is/are your Stores?