cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown error occurred within the NDMP subsystem

Matthew_Feasey
Level 3
Hi There,

I wonder if you can help me? We have just gone to version 10 of the backup exec software and when trying to backup our netware servers we got the following error:

e000feba - An unknown error occurred within the NDMP subsystem

Any assistance in rectifying this problem would be most appreciated?

Regards

Mat
11 REPLIES 11

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hey,

Do you get this error while trying the backup only the NetWare servers or does it occur for Windows server as well. Do check.

Suggest you to check that you have proper license key for Remote Agent for NetWare.

Make sure that beremote.nlm is loaded on the remote computer. If not, type 'bestart.ncf' to load the remote agent.

Check if port 10000 is listening on the remote box. The NDMP port 10000 must be free and listening on the remote box.

Additinally, I would suggest you to add the IP address and Host name of the NetWare server in hosts file of the Media server.

Matthew_Feasey
Level 3
HI Zerene,

We only get this error when trying to backup the Netware Servers, however it does backup them up but fails at the end, The total Netware Backups is about 199Gb, on one of these servers is our GroupWise system, which we are using the GWTSA to backup.

We are using the evaluation version of Backup Exec v10 at the moment.

I am going to restart both servers tomorrow morning in order to check that they are loading correctly.

I used the TCPCON utility to check the ports that are available and are listening and port 10000 is OK and listening.

I have now added those entries into the hosts file.

Regards

Mat

Varsha
Level 6
The resolution will require the personal
attention of a VERITAS representative.

Please contact us through your local support number.You can see a list of support numbers at our support web site:

http://support.veritas.com/prodlist_path_phone.htm

Please note that you may be charged for this service.
For the latest details on pricing, please visit

http://support.veritas.com/srv_portfolio/srvc_pricing_matrix.htm

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
There is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas

Christian_Kiehn
Level 3
I have the same error backup up NetWare servers with BEWS 10.0 eval version. I don't think it has to do with port 10000 or the license. I suspect the NetWare TSAs and SMS modules. Solution pending ...

Not applicable
I also have the same problem. I am backing up Novel Servers from a Windows Server 2003 platform using Veritas 10.0. The majority of backups are successful. Every 2nd or 3rd week, a backup will complete but includes "e000feba - An unknown error occurred within the NDMP subsystem." error. I rerun the job immediately without making any changes the the 2nd run is successful.

I checked the firewall and all ports are open. The backup nlm on the novel server is running.

Any ideas?

Jim_Bollinger
Level 4
You can add me to the list also, I have seen this error infrequently, always on Novell via SMS, and usually on differential backup.

Jim_Bollinger
Level 4
bump

pat_noordsij
Level 2
I see this error every night ....

- pat

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
I too got the error : An error occurred with the NDMP subsystem :

I am takignback up from Windows 2003 machine( Veritas Vackupexec 10 Server) from windows 2000 (veritas Remote agent client ) .

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Guys,

The error which I have reported in the previous post has been resolved by removing the backup exec remote agnent and reinstalling it after a reboot.

Looks this is the fix for windows machie.

Veritas support should be able to suggest the best fix for Novell machine.

Cheers,
Srini Reddy