cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade BE 11d to 2010R3 when BEDB is located on a sql2008 server

Raimar
Level 4

Hi.. i need a solution for this topic: upgrade BE 11d (windows 2003 R2 32bit)  to 2010R3 .BEDB is located on a sql2008 (windows 2003 R2 64bit) server

The installation fails :

06-13-2012,10:19:48 : V-225-205: ERROR: Unable to open the physical file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\BEDB_Log.ldf". Operating system error 2: "2(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 1815)". sql:EXEC sp_attach_db 'BEDB',@filename1 = N'D:\mssql\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Data\BEDB_Dat.mdf', @filename2 = N'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\BEDB_Log.ldf' ***To search for information about this error, click here
06-13-2012,10:19:48 : FATAL ERROR: BEMSI;BEOps.dll;BEOperations.cpp;BE_AttachDB();1603
06-13-2012,10:19:48 : V-225-134: Error Migrating BEDB ***To search for information about this error, click

8 REPLIES 8

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Are you using the same account as your earlier BE version while upgrading to BE 2010 R3? This could be a an access security related issue

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Any reason for running the BEDB on a remote SQL server? It's possible, but not always advisable. If that SQL server goes down, so does BE.

Why not consider moving your BEDB back to the media server as per the TN below. Once done, proceed with the upgrade and see if you get the same error.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH37752

Thanks!

EDIT: Also check the TN below which relates to the error you are getting:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166805

Raimar
Level 4

Yes. it is the same account

Raimar
Level 4

no special reason. It´s an older installation. But fact is that acually the DB is located on the sql 2008 server.

on the backup server is no sql express installed only:

Microsoft SQL Server Native Client

Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files

Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer

So it is not possible to move the DB

Raimar
Level 4

i have installed sql express on the backup server. Installation was sucessfull

but now when i try to set the new backup exec databse location this error appears:

New Backup Exec Database Location
Failed to access the registry key of the selected server XXXS00010 to get the SQL Server version number.
Operation to change location of Backup Exec database to SQL Server instance XXXS00010 ended with errors.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Mmm...check this below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-when-i-trying-change-location-bedb

Also check and disable any AVs running between the 2 servers, and drop any firewalls on them too.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

upgrade BE 11d (windows 2003 R2 32bit)  to 2010R3 .BEDB is located on a sql2008 (windows 2003 R2 64bit) server

I don't understand.  The BEDB for your BE 11d is defined using SQL 2008?  SQL 2008 for BEBD is not supported until BE 2010, R2 or R3.