cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from 10d to 11d on Win2003 fails to start: internal error (10) occurred in object 14.

rkudyba
Level 3

After upgrading and rebooting, BE will not start. I can't manually start any of the services. I reapplied the Administrator credentials and rebooted again, same problems.

Event Viewer is showing this:

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (10) occurred in object 14.

For more information, click the following link:

http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLo...

Alert box shows this:

---------------------------
Services
Could not start the Backup Exec Job Engine service on Local Computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
OK  

Services
The Backup Exec Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
OK  

I've looked around and found some suggestions from anything to a port being in use to other dependecies but I don't know which direction to go. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

1 REPLY 1

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Reviewing this error it looks like you will have to uninstall and reinstall 11d.  Before you remove the product, stop services including the SQL service and make a backup of your Database and Catalog folders in c:\program files\Symantec\Backup Exec.  After you have made a copy of this folders remove the product through add/remove programs.  Reinstall Backup Exec and reboot the server.  If the services load, stop all of the services for Backup Exec including the SQL service.  Copy the Database and Catalog folders back into the fresh install.  Once the folders are in place attempt to start the services again.