cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster Server with McAfee8.5

alex2010
Not applicable
Hi

Do i need to exclude any files or folders if i install the McAfee8.5 on the same server as Veritas Cluster Server is already installed.

Thanks

Alex
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Alex,

Typically, you will need to exclude AV from scaning the %vcs_root% folder.  This is not requrired by all AV programs.

As for the issue that Joe mentioned, SEP has a built-in network firewall that causes problems with the native LLT protocol used by SFW-HA.  You can configure the cluster to use LLT over UDP and SEP will not block it.

If McAfee has a similar built-in firewall then similar precautions may need to be done too.

Thanks,

Wally

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

joseph_dangelo
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Alex,

I can't speak directly for McAfee, but I know that GAB and LLT can be affected by Anti-Virus software when local to the cluster node.  I have had to in the past completely remove SEP, prior to installing VCS.  However, once SFWHA was installed, SEP worked without a problem (after re-installing). 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH91154&locale=en_US

Again, this article is about SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) but it may help with the McAfee configuration.

Hope this helps,

Joe D

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Alex,

Typically, you will need to exclude AV from scaning the %vcs_root% folder.  This is not requrired by all AV programs.

As for the issue that Joe mentioned, SEP has a built-in network firewall that causes problems with the native LLT protocol used by SFW-HA.  You can configure the cluster to use LLT over UDP and SEP will not block it.

If McAfee has a similar built-in firewall then similar precautions may need to be done too.

Thanks,

Wally