cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing info about SRDF agent

trouphaz
Level 4

Ok, so I have my global cluster setup, though it is really doing nothing right now.  In the meantime, I'm looking at the SRDF agent information and it makes no sense.

It says:

1. In a replicated data cluster environment, all hosts are part of the same cluster. You must connect them with dual dedicated networks that support LLT.
  2. In a global cluster environment, you must attach all hosts in a cluster to the same Symmetrix array.

I currently have a DMX at our primary site which is replicating some data using SRDF to another DMX at our DR site.  I have a cluster at the primary site and a separate one at the DR site with the global cluster option turned on between the two.  So, #1 makes no sense because if I'm using LLT, why would I be using global clustering?  Wouldn't I just be using a regular cluster?  Then, with #2, global clustering is based off of 2 clusters being joined between sites.  How am I going to implement global clustering with a single cluster with everything attached to the same Symmetrix?  Where is the DR with that?  The Sym goes down and everything is gone.

0 REPLIES 0