cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need VEA to use VCS?

mhab11
Level 5

My current setup has my diskgroups and volumes originally setup in VEA then when I build my SG in VCS I point to the VEA diskgroup and volume.

Is there a way to create the diskgroups and volumes without useing VEA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You use VEA to create diskgroups and volumes and VCS Java GUI to create service groups - VEA cannot create VCS objects (like service groups) and VCS Java Gui cannot create Volume Manager objects (like diskgroups and volumes).

VOM can be used to create both - this is a free centralised GUI which you can manage VCS and Volume Manager on multiple systems, but you need to install VOM on a server and access it via a browser on your client.

You can create VCS and Volume Manager objects using the command line - mainly vxassist for volume manager and hagrp and hares for VCS.

Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You use VEA to create diskgroups and volumes and VCS Java GUI to create service groups - VEA cannot create VCS objects (like service groups) and VCS Java Gui cannot create Volume Manager objects (like diskgroups and volumes).

VOM can be used to create both - this is a free centralised GUI which you can manage VCS and Volume Manager on multiple systems, but you need to install VOM on a server and access it via a browser on your client.

You can create VCS and Volume Manager objects using the command line - mainly vxassist for volume manager and hagrp and hares for VCS.

Mike