Restart only faulted Resource

IBM_Rob
Level 3
I am running VCS 5.0 on Solaris 10.

I have a service group with 4 Resources with the following requirements

CompA requires CompD
CompB requires CompD
CompC requires CompD

Currently if any component fails then all components are taken offline before being restarted. If there a way to say only restart the component that has died i.e. if CompB dies only restart CompB?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi,

You can set the RestartLimit attribute to something other than 0. This will restart the resource if it fails x times (depending on what value you set it to). You should also set the confinterval. If the resource comes on line and stays online for x amount of time (the confinterval) then the restartcount is reset. Basically, if you restart it and it stays online then the system deems the resource to be stable and forgets that it had an error.

IBM_Rob
Level 3
What component is the "RestartLimit" set on? I don't have it listed as attributes of my resources.

On the service group I have adjusted "OnlineRetryLimit" to 1 which restarts the SG but can't see anything on Resource level.

(ConfidenceLevel is currently set to 100)

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
On the resource type

hatype -list will list your resources

then

hatype -display will show you the attributes, restartlimit is one of them. hatype -modify "resource type" attribute value should change it for you.