cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS 5.0 mib and HP Openview

Stephan
Level 2
Hello,

I'm not a mib expert.  My in-house HP Openview guru tells me that the OID(SNMP traps)emanating from VCS 5.0(Notifier) do not match the OID descripton from the VCS mibs he installed on HPOV. 

Here are the mibs he used and we were told these are the latetest ones for VCS 5.0:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root sys 24286 Feb 1 2006 vcs.mib

>-rw-rw-r-- 1 root sys 73164 Feb 1 2006 vcs_trapd

Is anyone using HP Openview and Notifier on VCS 5.0 and things are working just fine?

Thanks,

Steve
3 REPLIES 3

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
It is my understanding that for HPOV you only use the vcs_trapd, not the vcs.mib which is for everything else.

Stephan
Level 2
Thanks Gene.  Here is what we got direct from HP and our traps via Notifer are now working:

The problem was in OVO and below is the hot fix HP developed to resolve the problem. The opctrapi process was mishandling the event and the hot fix modified the code.

Here is the requested hotfix, I am sending one for solaris. IF this is not the platform that you need, please let me know

PROBLEM : with 8.16 Solaris and HPUX agt, snmp v2 trap doesn't match.

DEFECT : QXCR1000391638 QXCM1000389397 QXCM1000392648

VERSION : 8.16

PATCH LEVEL : 8.16

OS VERSION : HPUX-PA, HPUX-IA , Solaris, AIX

FILES : opctrapi

WHAT STRING :

INSTALLATION : On HTTPS node, please follow these instructions

1) opcagt -kill

2) take back up of /opt/OV/lbin/eaagt/opctrapi (%INSTALLDIR%\lbin\eaagt\opctrapi.exe in case of windows)

3) copy attached opctrapi ( opctrapi_hpux is for HPUX-PA, opctrapi_hpuxia for HPUX-IA node, opctrapi_aix for aix node, opcevti.exe for windows node and opctrapi_solaris for solaris node) to /opt/OV/lbin/eaagt directory (%INSTALLDIR%\lbin\eaagt\opctrapi.exe for winodws)

4) make opctrapi executable

5) opcagt -start

Stephan

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
at least it wasn't a VCS issue