cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS Simulator 4.1 changes

Robert_Staley_2
Level 2
Hello,
Version 3.5 had a command VERITAS\VCS Simulator\batch\simmenu.bat That would start the simulator. I do not see such an animal in 4.0/4.1
in the bin dir I see: bmcgen.exe bmcmap.exe bmcread.exe CmdSlave.exe getdrive.bat hacf.exe hadsim.exe hamsg.exe hasim.exe havol.exe lltdb.dll SimServer.exe wacsim.exe wacstop.exe
I built a skeleton main.cf with the " hasim -setupclus local -simport 14153 " and started it with " hasim -start localsys1 -clus local "
When accessing via the Cluster manager I receive VCS Warning V-16-10-92 Server is in STALE_ADMIN. One at this point would run a "hasys-force". Unfortunately that command is not available in the simulator. Does anyone have more light to shed on this?

Thanks you,

Bob
3 REPLIES 3

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
For VCS 4.2 and 4.3 (I assume it's the same for 4.0 and 4.1), the simulator is a separate install from the VCS installation CD.
It's found in Tools\cluster_server\Simulator on the CD. It then installs as a separate program.

Robert_Staley_2
Level 2
I un-installed the Cluster Manger and re-installed the Simulator and it functioned correctly. I have since re-installed the CM and it ifuncitons as well. Haven't tried the Simulator since. No biggie.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
You can have the Cluster Manager and the Cluster Simulator intalled on the same machine with no problem, provided it's the Simulator off the CD. There's a warning not to use the downloadable Simulator on a machine with Cluster Manager installed.