cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Insight 5.2 Online Help

Ethan-M
Level 2

Somewhat still new to Data Insight. Version installed is 5.2.1.

Somewhere during the initial install and patching I lost the option to view the built-in help when I click on the Help link.

The message returned is " Something went wrong. Please refer to logs for more details. (Status: 404) (/symhelp/CS)".

Ideas on what to look for in the log(s) and fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry for the delay Ethan I am just seeing your post.

It would appear you have a corrupted or missing folder under the web server by default the symhelp folder resides under C:\Program Files\DataInsight\tomcat\webapps  for the Management Server and C:\Program Files\DataInsight\portal_tomcat\webapps for the Self-Service Portal.

Please check that you only have one copy or that it is not corrupted.

I suppose the easiest being that you are currently in the state of being unable to open the help would be to delete the entire symhelp folder from C:\Program Files\DataInsight\tomcat\webapps and C:\Program Files\DataInsight\portal_tomcat\webapps on the appropriate nodes and then, replace them with the symhelp folder zipped up in the patches folder of the 5.2.1 you recently downloaded.

Rod

Rod,

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed the 5.2.2 patch on the DIM server, allowing the installer to overwrite files in the symhelp directory. Still not able to view the online help.

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ethan, can you copy them off to another directory and copy then into place from the extracted patch?

I do not think you will fix the corruption overwriting files.

If you follow the steps I suggested and it is still unable to read the web page then open a support case and quote this article to bring the technician up to speed immediately and they can get you interactive troubleshooting.

Thanks Rod

Hey Rob, 

Unfortunately, opening a support case is not an option at the moment. 

Followed your suggestion for replacing the symhelp folder. Replaced the symhelp folder from another DIM server at the same patch level (5.2.2). The Help window opens and displays the same message as before, "Something went wrong. Please refer to logs for more details. (Status: 404) (/symhelp/CS)"

Pulled the logs and searched all of them where 'symhelp' was found. Results attached. Suggestions on what I might try next? Thanks!