Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.6 Agent MSI Install

InsentraCameron
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I am trying to install the DLO agent with the MSI. The eventual goal is to install the MSI with SCCM.

I am following the instructions on page 29 an 30 in teh DLO Administration Guide.

DLOError.png

When the command is run there is a popup stating to run Setup.exe.

Is there a proper way to run this command with the MSI and have it work?

Kind regards

Cameron Mottus

5 REPLIES 5

InsentraCameron
Level 4

Hi Craig,

The closest appaers to be:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO23763.html

However, it still does not explain the proper syntax for the command.

In the end I have to understand why the admin guide asks to use MSIEXEC but when you run it it tells you to run setup.exe.

For reference the full command is:

msiexec.exe /i "\\lsecdlo01\DLOAgent\Symantec DLO Desktop Agent.msi" /qf DEFAULTMEDIASERVER="LSECDLO01" DLODBINSTANCENAME="DLO" DLODATABASENAME="DLO" DEFAULTDATABASESERVER="LSECDLO01" LAUNCHCLIENT="1" /l*v "%TEMP%\DLOAgentInstall.log" REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Cheers,

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

My reply in this post may help you - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlo-agent-msi-installation-gpo

InsentraCameron
Level 4

Thanks VJware :)

Unfortunately those scripts mean nothing to me.

Long story short, is there a way to use SCCM or SMS or group policy to install the DLO agent? I have to go back to the customer with a yes or no answer.

Two questions(rhetorical):

1. Why include an MSI if you cannot install with it.

2. Why include instructions on how to install with the MSI in the admin guide if it is not possible.

This is very frustrating to the customer and to me who has to explain this to the customer :\

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

1. Why include an MSI if you cannot install with it.
From DLO 7.5  direct installation of client with MSI file has been removed.
With invoking setup.exe will in turn invoke the MSI file and will install the client.
Also during uninstallation process MSI file is required(As windows will maintain the copy of MSI file during installation).
2. Why include instructions on how to install with the MSI in the admin guide if it is not possible.
With DLO 8.0 those instructions has been removed in DLO Administrator Guide.

You can proceed with installation of DLO through SCCM using setup.exe, there are couple of documents that can help you with the procedure.
Please share your mail ID so that we can share the documents with you.

Regards,
Santosh.