Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7 and BE 2010

Pierluigi_Defen
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello 

My customer has a Windows 2008 Domain where there is also the Backup Exec 2010 R3.

On this BE 2010 R3 we are using also the DLO Option. 

Now my Customer buyed the new DLO 7 ( that is a separate product ). 

I think I need to un-instal old DLO from BE 2010 R3 before. Is this right?

Is  it possible to instal the DLO 7 Administration Console, DLO Database, DLO Maintenance Server on the same server where there is the BE 2010 R3 ?

Or is possible to have some conflict ?

Many Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

eavinash
Level 4
Employee

It is possible to upgrade to DLO 7.0 from BE DLO 2010. There is no need to uninstall BE DLO. However, the DLO option will be greyed out in BE 2010 after the upgrade. Post the upgrade DLO 7.0 will exist as a separate entity and will not be coupled with BE DLO.

It is also possible to install all the components of DLO on the same machine. The installation is a fairly straight forward procedure.

Hope this answer helps you. Please revert to us if you need any further information.

Orionex
Level 4
Employee Accredited

I already installed DLO 7 with BE2010 , it working fine and without conflicts .The DLO 7 will be absolutely a separate entity .

Pierluigi_Defen
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello 

Many Thanks per your help.

I have another little problem.

During the DLO 7 installation just after the destination folder choise, i receive the pannel in the figure.

It is in italian but in english he asking me a licence number but when i registered the product in the Symantec License web site , there was not a licenze files or number .

Could you help me?

Orionex
Level 4
Employee Accredited

The licence DLO 7 Format should be xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx  . in that case I think you should contact Symantec Customer services in order get the serial number .

Good luck !