cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO on non domain desktop

Jagadeeshp
Level 4

Hi,

Our DLO 7.5SP1 is running on WIndows Server 2008 R2 SP1 which is in a domain  (Since Domain is mandatory for DLO it is added to a domain).

Our Client Desktop is a Workgroup computer. We have installed DLO agent on it and while trying to open the DLO agent we are getting,

"V-138-57364-7. Not found, Unable to configure the Desktop Agent. No setting s found for the Current user and no automatic user assignments match."

message, but AUA is configured with All Domains and All groups, Storage and default profile.

Is it mandatory that client computer also should be a domain computer?

8 REPLIES 8

Jagadeeshp
Level 4

Hi Rahul

Thanks for the link. I configured as mentioned in the link and tested the DLO without any success.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Please Provide more Details  . 

Coming backup to you previous question 

The client Computer can be on workgroup and not mandatory to be in Domain , but user should be in Domain.

You cannot have DLO Server in Workgroup 

refer http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH187991

Jagadeeshp
Level 4

Our DLO Admin Server is in a domain system. And our client desktop is in a workgroup computer.

We have added an user in that domain which is available on our workgroup computer with same password. we check that user is able to login to the domain.

And windows file and printer sharing is enabled on both the DLO server and workgroup computer.

From the workgroup computer we are able access domain users file on DLO server and vice versa.

We added that user in DLO console manually. When ever our workgroup system boots up it is asking password for the DLO agent in startup. When we enter the correct password it is showing a dialogue box with following message,

"V-138-57364-7. Not found, Unable to configure the Desktop Agent. No setting s found for the Current user and no automatic user assignments match."

At the same time the workgroup computer is showing in DLO console under computers option.

But we are not able to run the DLO agent on our workgroup computer and due to this we are not able to take any backup.

We have check it with this in a computer in workgroup and it is working fine.

Kindly suggest solution. 

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Jagadeeshp
Level 4

Yes I checked it before posting this query. It is bascially for a domain computers and for Automated User Assignments. Where as my requirement is for non-domain systems.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Is your DLO client pointing to the correct DLO media server

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58559

Jagadeeshp
Level 4

Yes. Everything is set correct already as mentioned in the TN (TECH 58559).

Our DLO Media Server name is CNSBKPSERVER.

I'm Here attaching screenshot of Registry and setup.ini file