cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO7.0 Outlook cannot be opened, because the pst file is locked by DLO

rtorvenyi
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

I have a customer with Windows 7 32bit with Office 2010 32bit and DLO7.0 installed. After Windows startup and login, the users wants to open Outlook, but he gets an error: cannot start Microsoft office outlook cannot open outlook window the set of folders cannot be opened. the file D:\My Documents\.... pst is in use and cannot be accessed. close the application that is using this file, and then try again. you might need to restart your...
We have discovered that DLO is copying the pst file while he wants to open the Outlook. After the DLO backup ends, he is able to open the Outlook.
We have tried to enable the incremental backups of the pst files, and also VSS backups but without success.
One more note, the customer uses Exchange profiles, but mails are stored to these pst files and NOT ost.

Can you please help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do not use message level incremental backups of .pst. Instead use VSS method.  Also ensure atleast 1 revision is enabled for DUDF & Delta Dile Transfer is enabled as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check if this helps

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH182795

Sounds you have similar issue. Try

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do not use message level incremental backups of .pst. Instead use VSS method.  Also ensure atleast 1 revision is enabled for DUDF & Delta Dile Transfer is enabled as well.

rtorvenyi
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

hello, thank you for your advice. Enabling the delta file transfer was the case ;)

Rudolf

JavierTI
Level 5

Hello friends,
I have a very similar problem, what happens is that when I run my task tray and Outlook is open and supports not only when I close it can support. What would be the best solution, is that I have 200 users.

Thank you for your prompt replies.