cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move DLO 7.0 Database

Bob_Schierholz
Level 3

I found an older article with instructions for moving the database, but I did not see any indication on if the DLO Clients would need to be reconfigured to point to the new DB location.  Anyone have any experience with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Along with the informtaion theread you also need to modify the registry entries on client side under the following path "Regedit->HKLM->Software->Symantec->Symantec DLO->DB->DBSERVER" to the new DB Server Name.

-Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Can you please confirm whether you are moving your database to the new server or on the same server to a different location?

-Thanks,

Bob_Schierholz
Level 3
Yes I am moving to a new server.

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi Bob,

When you are moving to a new server then it need to be notified to clients. Can you please share the document which you are using for moving the database. So that will validate the steps once again to make it work proper.

-Thanks

Bob_Schierholz
Level 3

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Along with the informtaion theread you also need to modify the registry entries on client side under the following path "Regedit->HKLM->Software->Symantec->Symantec DLO->DB->DBSERVER" to the new DB Server Name.

-Thanks

Bob_Schierholz
Level 3

So we just moved the database and this solution is not working.  It cannot connect to the database in the new location.

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Please check whether the instance name in the registry have been modified to the new instance name on the agent machine ""Regedit->HKLM->Software->Symantec->Symantec DLO->DB->DBInstance"

If still issue there delete the .settings folder on the agent machine under path(C:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Local\Symantec\DLO\.settings) then try to launch the agent.

If not solved attach the screenshot of error you are getting.

-Thanks