cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup DLO asks for recovery password on the GUI and users started to report compatibility errors.

kiranrokade
Level 3
Employee

NetBackup DLO version 6.1 has suddenly started to ask for recovery password on the GUI and users started to report compatibility errors.

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Desktop and Laptop Option is a standalone product - not linked or related to NetBackup.

Best to post in that forum: 

I can also move the post for you...

kiranrokade
Level 3
Employee

This is actually for the older version. Netbackup DLO 6.1. I understand that it was later released as a standalone product.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Even the older version was not related to NetBackup. It only had NetBackup as part of its name...

I will move this discussion to the appropriate forum...

kiranrokade
Level 3
Employee

That will help. Thank you.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This happens if a particular table in the DLO DB has erroneous entries. Would recommend to log a formal case for support to edit the changes in the DB

kiranrokade
Level 3
Employee

Thanks, but the customer is using a version which is no longer supported by Symantec. Hence wanted to see what can be done from my end.

turhan_sensoy
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All,

I am also facing same issue, I have deleted the some line in the DLO databse and now DLO server dont ask me about password. But now It asks me to ru run data inegrity check. For 2 suer it failed. Monday I will du full integrity check and see what hapens.

Did some one find any other solutions?

Regards,

kiranrokade
Level 3
Employee

Thanks for that. Still have'nt got any updates for this issue.

Verrittas
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Hi Kiran,

You are right DLO 6.x is not supported, you can suggest your client to upgrade to DLO 7.5. The solution for this issue involved DLO DB editing which is difficult to work-out on forum. Upgrade of DLO will put your client in a situation where any critical issue can be overcome, if ever occurs in future.

Regards