cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Restore - No Files Appear in DLO Console - DLO 8.0 SP1

ClaytonDaniels
Level 3

I'm in the console and I typically hit the restore tab, find the computer/user whose items I want to restore and restore them. However, despite a "Last Backup Status" of Success and the files all being found in the backup location (network share with full and complete access), nothing shows up when I click on the computer name.

This is the first time I have attempted to restore from a backup on this new DLO installation (Windows Server 2012).

This is urgent, any help or direction would be wonderful.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

San01
Level 4

Hi,

This issue is generally seen when some parameters for SQL or DLO components are not set correctly in the registry after installation, upgrade or repair.

Verifying few registry entries on the setup will ensure if any incorrect parameter is set and rectifying this will resolve the issue.

Follow the below troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
1. Verify the DB instance in following registry on DLO server machine.
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\AdminService
DBInstance
DBServer
b. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB
DBINSTANCE
DBServer
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB
DBINSTANCE
DedupeDBINSTANCE

NOTE: For the default instance, the ‘DBInstance’ name wherever applicable should be left blank

2.  If SQL installed on remote machine please also verify the below registry keys on DLO server machine
             [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\RemoteDB]
"RemoteInstalldir"=<>
"RemoteBinnPath"=<>
"Remotemdfpath"=<>
"RemoteComputerName"=<>

Example:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\RemoteDB]
"RemoteInstalldir"="<\\10.50.8.205\c$\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\>"
"RemoteBinnPath"="\\10.50.8.205\c$\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\"
"Remotemdfpath"="c:<\\Program Files\\Symantec\\Symantec DLO\\>"
"RemoteComputerName"="10.50.8.205"

NOTE: All the above path should be reachable from this machine

3. Verify the DB instance value on machine where SQL DB resides
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB]
"DBInstance"=<> or in
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB]
"DBInstance"=<>
NOTE: For the default instance, the ‘DBInstance’ name should be left blank

4. Browse to the DLO server installed path (<Installed path>\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DLOAgent) and update the setup.ini with correct DB instance and DB server name.
NOTE: For the default instance, the ‘DBInstance’ name can be left blank

5. Browse to the Dedupe installed path (<Installed path>\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Dedupe\Tomcat\webapps\DedupeServer\META-INF) and verify the context.xml with “serverName” and “instanceName” values
NOTE: In case of default instance name, the “instanceName” value should not be left blank. Please enter the default instance name aswell.

6. Verify the correct bitness of xpdloshare.dll is present in the new SQL machine SQL installed path (<Installed Path>\MSSQL\Binn).