cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deny Analytics in DA Research

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

we've set deny on "manage analytics" in the DA role which prevents the user from enabling analytics on a case HOWEVER, they can still do it in Research!

wondering how others are handling this issue. especially since one wrong move by the user can effectively take down sql due to the potential for massive amounts of data to be shoved into it from a large search.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't have an image in front of me to verify but in the Folder Full Control role can you deny manage Analytics there?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't have an image in front of me to verify but in the Folder Full Control role can you deny manage Analytics there?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

tony u da MAN!

full folder control role doesn't have a deny column in there, just allow. i unchecked manage analytics in there and that did the trick!

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello There,

Deny Functionality is not there for the Folder level Roles. The are two reason for not doing that. 1) Research is not serious enough area of the product to do such complex changes. Research is more about doing the homework before you create an actual DA Case. 2) In DA, you can't create the Folder level Role.

Generally Folder owner is a single person and giving him the "Manage Analytics" permission in the Folder via Folder Full Control Role makes perfect sense. 

Note that if you don't select Allow option in front of any Folder permission means that you will not access to that functionality. DENY comes in a picture to calculate the effective permission.

Thanks.