cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator - Custodian Manager Question

tmurray1
Level 5

Hello,

I am running DA 8 SP3.  Is anyone using Activity Directory synchronization for custodians?  Are you syncing the entire directory?  Also, when searching if a custodian is chosen will both the email address and display name be searched for that custodian?  For example, "Doe, John" and johndoe@domain.com.  Do you know which module I can dtrace to see how things are searced?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am not sure but I think this is in DA 8, when you create a search in DA do you have Custodian Manager options?

Use the fields in the Custodian Manager options area to specify how to search for custodians or custodian groups. You can choose to search email addresses, display names, or both email addresses and display names. If you select Use Email Addresses and Display Names, a custodian or custodian group must have either a matching email address or a matching display name to meet the search criteria; it need not have both.

Also, to see what the search criteria is you can set Save Search Criteria in the Configuration > Settings > Diagnostic Settings section.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO16191

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am not sure but I think this is in DA 8, when you create a search in DA do you have Custodian Manager options?

Use the fields in the Custodian Manager options area to specify how to search for custodians or custodian groups. You can choose to search email addresses, display names, or both email addresses and display names. If you select Use Email Addresses and Display Names, a custodian or custodian group must have either a matching email address or a matching display name to meet the search criteria; it need not have both.

Also, to see what the search criteria is you can set Save Search Criteria in the Configuration > Settings > Diagnostic Settings section.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO16191