cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV-DA 10.0.4 - Printing or exporting email with BCC info

BigAnvil
Level 5

Unfortunately, we are required to send some information off today on an existing case or I would spend more time researching this ahead of time...

We have some emails in a case that we would like to print or export, including the BCC information.  However, when you select the "Print" view tab for one of the emails that shows the BCC info in the DA client application, the BCC info along with the email date, trails off to the far right in the email because of the number of BCC recipients (I'm guessing, anyway).  If you actually print the email, DA doesn't wrap the bCC info or email date so that it prints, the BCC info is then simply cutoff from the page.

I will keep working on figuring it out but hope someone can help in the meantime - I need to have a solution in the next two hours.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BigAnvil
Level 5

I think I've got it - the message ID (Item number) is stamped on the .msg files themselves but in order to not alter the email, these Item numbers are removed as the .msg files are rolled up into a PST.

So it looks like I just need to export the emails as message files.  We could then provide the PST, the individual message files, and the reports and leave the cross-referencing to the reviewers.

Unless there is a better way to do this, I think I'm good and hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BigAnvil
Level 5

I can see the BCC information is included in the XML and Text files that accompany an export or production, which is helpful but only if the exported emails themselves get tagged with the item number the way they are displayed when reviewing them in DA - is there any way to make that happen?

BigAnvil
Level 5

I think I've got it - the message ID (Item number) is stamped on the .msg files themselves but in order to not alter the email, these Item numbers are removed as the .msg files are rolled up into a PST.

So it looks like I just need to export the emails as message files.  We could then provide the PST, the individual message files, and the reports and leave the cross-referencing to the reviewers.

Unless there is a better way to do this, I think I'm good and hope this helps someone else.