Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting DA searches and exports

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to script Discovery Accelerator searches and export to PST?

I have a client who wishes to run a daily search of a subset of archives and export the results to PST - they wish to schedule this to run automatically rather than have to log in everyday and run the search and export manually.

kind regards

Keir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry, no.  We currently have no means to script running searches and exporting their hits.  We can schedule searches to run.  That part is built into the product.  The export is the part that can't currently be scripted.  Such a capability would require an enhancement request.

FYI, the customer would have the potential to export more items than they would need in a litigation case if they just export without reviewing the search hits.  I hope they are aware of this as they could save money by performing an internal review of the search hits and only export those that are relevent to the litigation or issue under investigation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry, no.  We currently have no means to script running searches and exporting their hits.  We can schedule searches to run.  That part is built into the product.  The export is the part that can't currently be scripted.  Such a capability would require an enhancement request.

FYI, the customer would have the potential to export more items than they would need in a litigation case if they just export without reviewing the search hits.  I hope they are aware of this as they could save money by performing an internal review of the search hits and only export those that are relevent to the litigation or issue under investigation.