cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2270 errors and then PST Import woes.

Paul_E
Level 5

After recently upgrading from 7.5SP6 to Version 9 SP1 we noticed lots of 2270 errors in our event log. Certain users also reported manually clicking to archive and after a few seconds the pending archive icon would revert to a standard Outlook email icon.

A queued operation exceeded the retry count and has been discarded

m_pIArchivingAgentV35->ArchiveItemV35(ClientID = "",
  TransactionID = "2C377166612642BE9B2589F44B6920F",
  m_pIArchivableItem,
  ArchiveID = "1A7F5FA3BBCD3DC459F6A258C08C421401110000EVSite.domain.com",
  m_pILocation,
  m_pIShortcutAccessor,
  ExchangeSystem = "MAILBOX3",
  RetentionCategory = "18942E66595B78746BCAFC7D4032C84401b10000EVSite.domain.com",
  NULL,
  nRetryCount = 3,
  NULL,
  CallerSID,
  isARearchive = 0,
  CallerIsAdministrator = 0);

HRESULT: 0xC0041AE8

We found this technote http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126689 and ran the associated SQL query below

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT  AV.ArchiveName, (Count (DISTINCT FolderName)) as FolderCount
FROM ArchiveView AV with (NOLOCK)
INNER JOIN ArchiveFolderView AFV on AFV.ArchiveVEID = AV.VaultEntryID
WHERE AV.Type = 9 and FolderName <> 'Top of Information Store' and ParentFolderRootIdentity is Null
Group By AV.ArchiveName

We found we have 230 affected accounts . I was a little puzzled by this as I assumed the hotfix that was supposed to fix this in version 8 hadn't done the job in version 9 ?

Anyway we have decided to manually export the archives of these users to PST , delete then recreate the archives and then import the PST's back.

However I have now run into an issue whereby I can import the PST back but when the user opens the archived item via search or Archive explorer then see the following error.

Symantec Enterprise Vault Error

GetonlineattachmentFileSize 0xC00420C8

Some more digging revealed that this was an issue described here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75546 but again is supposed to have been fixed after a version 8 service pack.

I'm getting a little frustrated now that although we are running version 9SP1 we are seemingly being plagued by issues that should have been fixed previously.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There used to be an issue in EV 8 SP 2 - SP 3 where by exporting an archive to PST, then reimporting didn't result in the shortcuts in the mailbox being fixed up with the new archive ID's.  However, I asked the Dev Manager for this area to check, and the code that was added to correct this is in all future streams and versions.

So, you might be getting the "same error", but with a different cause.

After you exported the archive..  did you just reimport it?  Or did you delete the archive first?  Did you delete the mailbox?

Also note with regard to the technote 126689, I don't believe that there is a long term fix identified for that.  So "just" upgrading to a different version of EV still leaves the underlying problem.

I would strongly suggest :-

a/ Contact Support

b/ Pick a new, random test user, to perform the same tests on.

c/ Elaborate on those tests, and capture appropriate traces

I think that you *might* be suffering the same outcome, via a different route, but have no data to go on unfortunately.

Working for cloudficient.com

Paul_E
Level 5

Thanks for the Reply Rob.

I have today had a call from a Symantec engineer and although he did not exactly provide the fix I was after I have managed to get a sort of work around.

We ran the following query on one of the affected users.

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory

SELECT * from ArchiveFolderView

WHERE ArchiveVEID = '17684D8920ADF2E48BE2A57432D4175071110000EVSite.domain.com'

order by ParentFolderRootIdentity ASC

It seems that the effected users have a Null value in one or more folders under ParentFolderRootIdentity

After telling me that "He doesnt know SQL too well" rather than re-write the values in these missing tables we would try a different approach.

So far the answer has been to

1) Change the Outlook add in behavior for http only

2) Sync the affected mailbox and then archive an item within the affected Null folder.

3) Run a manual backup on Open Partitions.

4) Check the item has been archived (which it does).

5) Change the Outlook Addin back to Normal and then re-sync the user.

6) Test archiving with the Normal client works (which it does)

So that works but is a pain, and as you can appreciate not what I want to do for 175 more users !

I've also just discovered that if the user has more than one affected folder that when I re-enable the normal client we are back to square one.

Thanks again for the reply.