cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 SP7 to 6 SP4 upgrade and IndexVolumeReplay

Harry_Maroudas
Level 4
I'm planning to upgrade from EV 5 SP7 to 6 SP4. I was trying to get all my archive converted to structured before the upgrade but had some problems with extracting dvs's from cab files. I had a ticket open with support on this and I was told to go ahead and upgrade to the latest version of 6 and then run the IndexVolumeReplay to convert all the rest of the archives to structured.

Has anyone converted archives using the IndexVolumeReplay? Any hassles with it?

Any experienced lessons-learned-suggestions for the 5 SP7 to 6 SP4?
3 REPLIES 3

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Harry_Maroudas
Level 4
Thanks, Andra. The Symantec support tech didn't give me that article to reference. The process seems to be a bit more involved than I thought. I would just like to confirm 2 things that I was told by the support tech.

1) If I upgrade to 6 SP 4 and before I run the IndexVolumeReplay, unstructured users will still be able to read and retrieve messages that have not been converted to structured archives. They just won't be able to search archived messages.

2) Daily message processing will be unaffected and mail box messages will continue to be archived into the Vault.

Message Edited by Harry Maroudas on 06-06-200706:17 AM

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
hi Harry,

Your users will still be able to access their archived items no problem and archiving will still work fine....the main benefits to have structured archives are being able to use the Archive Explorer functionality,  in my opinion anyway :)