Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of questions about PST Migration

Goose_2
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hopefully you all can help with a couple of 'best way' to handle questions:

1)  In order for the PST Locator task to find all PST's on a workstation the account (probably the EV service account) that this is running under needs to be a local administrator on the workstation (I think I am correct in this statement but if I am wrong...).  What is the best way to handle?  Add the account to the local admins group on each workstation (so touch each workstation).  Add the account to 'Domain Admins' (which then gives the account a bunch of other rights it doesn't need and might also screw up EV).  Run the PST tasks under a different account (that is added to domain admins).  Or is there another way that I haven't thought of?

2)  The customer I am working with wants to be able to archieve a PST and then when the archieve is complete mark it as read-only and hidden, no problem so far.  He then wants to be able to come back in a week (or so) and run a task that deletes all of the PST's that have been archieved (and set to read-only and hidden) after he has manually checked that the archieved worked.  I know I can set the archieve process to delete the PST when it is done but that isn't what he wants to do.  Is there a way to do this or will he need to manually go find and delete the PST.

EV is 7.0 (currently SP1 but will shortly be SP2).

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 
1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified