cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to archived e-mail via Citrix

John_Jelderks
Level 2
We have recently installed a Citrix server and were able to get the client software installed after following the threads about using the orca editor to edit the install msi file. But, when I login to my e-mail (outlook 2003) and try to open an archived message, it only brings back the screen that says that the message has been archived. I have the icons at the top of the screen and can go into Archive explorer and browse through the archives, I just can't open them through the shortcut in e-mail. we are running Enterprise vault V6 sp2.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

John Jelderks
IT Manager
Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum Perlman & Nagelberg LLP
312-984-3215
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This should help you out:

Forms with VBScript do not work with Terminal Services in Outlook 2002 and in Outlook 2003
If Outlook XP is installed on the Terminal Server, nothing happens when the user double clicks on an archived item to attempt to view it.
See this article for details of the problem and solution: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302003

Excerpt below:

Method 1: Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to existing installations
To do this, follow these steps: 1. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file from a computer that is not running Microsoft Outlook 2002 on a Terminal Server.
2. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 folder of the affected Terminal Server computer.

Note If the Terminal Server is running Microsoft Office 2003, copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 folder.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This should help you out:

Forms with VBScript do not work with Terminal Services in Outlook 2002 and in Outlook 2003
If Outlook XP is installed on the Terminal Server, nothing happens when the user double clicks on an archived item to attempt to view it.
See this article for details of the problem and solution: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302003

Excerpt below:

Method 1: Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to existing installations
To do this, follow these steps: 1. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file from a computer that is not running Microsoft Outlook 2002 on a Terminal Server.
2. Copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 folder of the affected Terminal Server computer.

Note If the Terminal Server is running Microsoft Office 2003, copy the Outlvbs.dll file to the \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 folder.

Robert_Ton
Level 5
We had precisely the same issue, and Tony's fix cleared everything up.

John_Jelderks
Level 2
Nice job with the answer Tony. Once I checked back and found your answer, it only took about a minute to complete.

Thanks again

John.