cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After EV Directory/Site server migration, Outlook ev_client_log still shows old server in "evservers" line

Brian_B2
Level 3

I migrated our EV 9.0.5 directory/site server over the weekend using the Symantect EV server migration wizard utility, and it worked pretty much perfectly, as far as I can tell. 

In the users' Outlook 2007 clients, I gathered the trace info by going to Help > About Enterprise Vault > Tech Info and noticed in the log generated that the old EV server name shows up in the EVSERVERS line, along with our DNS alias for EV site.

Why is this being populated, rather than the new EV server's name, and how much do I need to worry about it?

By the way, kudos to the Symantec team for creating such a nice little migration wizard!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry for the late reply but this really isn't anything to worry with.  I would check your desktop policy, do you have this option checked on the Web Applications Tab? Add all Enterprise Vault servers to intranet zone?

You can also look in the the Outlook settings section to see if it is listed in the Add server to intranet zone.

Lastly, it might be pulling it from the database in the ComputerEntry table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

At the end of the day, it isn't going to bother anything.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry for the late reply but this really isn't anything to worry with.  I would check your desktop policy, do you have this option checked on the Web Applications Tab? Add all Enterprise Vault servers to intranet zone?

You can also look in the the Outlook settings section to see if it is listed in the Add server to intranet zone.

Lastly, it might be pulling it from the database in the ComputerEntry table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

At the end of the day, it isn't going to bother anything.