I have one single solitary user who does not see the EV tab on his Outlook menu. Otherwise EV is archiving normally for him, and no other issues. Already confirmed that Outlook Anywhere is not enabled.
He had 'Download shared folders' checked in Outlook, got him to uncheck that.
Disabled EV for user's mailbox.
Zapped his mailbox, deleting the hidden message placed by EV.
Re-ran provisioning for his mailbox.
Enabled EV for his mailbox.
Confirmed hidden message has been placed by EV.
User still reports no EV menu item ...
His ev_client_log reports 'hidden message found in non-default Exchange store' ... and also 'Primary mailbox has never been enabled, but a secondary mailox has been enabled'.
Confirmed in his Outlook that he is only opening his mailbox and no other.
Confirmed his mailbox is not hidden from the GAL.
Havent yet attempted an uninstall and reinstall of the EV client. But the user has tried a different workstation and the problem follows him. Checked that the EV add-in is not disabled in his Outlook.
Any thoughts? ... thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for looking at this .. here's the version information, and a portion of the client trace.
Exchange 2010 SP3 UR4
Outlook 2010 SP1 MSO 14.0.6129.5000 (32-bit)
EV Server 9.0.3
EV client - HTTP-Only Outlook Add-in 9.0.5134
24/07/2015 18:36:32.258: DesktopCommonConfig::LoadSettingsFromHiddenMessage: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.259: DesktopCommonConfig::OpenDesktopSettingsAttachment: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.259: GetMsgStoresTable: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.260: Mailboxes: 1
24/07/2015 18:36:32.271: DesktopCommonConfig::DoesHiddenMsgExistInStore: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.272: ~DesktopCommonConfig::DoesHiddenMsgExistInStore: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.272: Name: User@domain [hidden message found in non-default Exchange store]
24/07/2015 18:36:32.273: Name: User@domain [ignoring non-default Exchange store]
24/07/2015 18:36:32.274: ~DesktopCommonConfig::OpenDesktopSettingsAttachment: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.274: DesktopCommonConfig::OpenDesktopSettingsAttachment: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.274: GetMsgStoresTable: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.274: Mailboxes: 0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.275: ~DesktopCommonConfig::OpenDesktopSettingsAttachment: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.275: LoadSettingsFromHiddenMessage com_error: 0x80004005
24/07/2015 18:36:32.275: ~DesktopCommonConfig::LoadSettingsFromHiddenMessage: 0x80004005
24/07/2015 18:36:32.276: ~DesktopCommonConfig::GetSetting: 0x8007051C
24/07/2015 18:36:32.276: Primary mailbox has never been enabled, but a secondary mailbox has been enabled.
24/07/2015 18:36:32.276: DIALOG: DialogThread::DisplayDialog
24/07/2015 18:36:32.277: DIALOG: ~DialogThread::DisplayDialog
24/07/2015 18:36:32.277: ~CDesktopUI::OnConnection: 0x8007051C
24/07/2015 18:36:32.728: FUI: CDesktopUI::raw_GetCustomUI: 0x0
24/07/2015 18:36:32.729: FUI: Ribbon id requested:Microsoft.Outlook.Explorer
24/07/2015 18:36:32.730: FUI: Not loading UI as action map is empty. Is the user enabled?
Does the run in Cache Mode? Can you try online mode if yes? Sometimes in Cache Mode you need to open and close Outlook a couple times for it to show up correctly as the Hidden Message has to sync.
Hi Tony .. yes our entire organization runs in Cached mode ... I believe it is enforced thru GPO so not likely that I will be able to try online mode.
However I must clarify that the client trace is from Friday last week while the latest disable/zap/enable was attempted this morning ... But the user did confirm that he still didnt see the EV tab in his Outlook.
Also I had attempted zap etc a few weeks ago with no improvement in the situation.
The only difference this time around was that I got the user to uncheck 'Download shared folders' in his Outlook ... I was hoping that with that change, and a whole new zap I might see a resolution to this issue, but that didnt happen.
Unfortunately the field services tech is away till the end of next week, so i wont be able to get a fresh client trace or an uninstall/reinstall of the client until then.
Is this a migrated user? Did u ever had another user assiciated with this mailbox which was used being previously and was being archived.. Did u recently merged /migrated the exchange/AD domains?
Thanks Tony and SymGuy ... I already verified that he is logging in with his regular account, and not one of his Admin accounts. I believe he is as regular a user as anyone else ... a few years ago we had a big migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, at which time we used Globanet Migrate to migrate vaults from EV8 to EV9. However this user is part of a business unit which was not EV-enabled until very recently ... perhaps 3 months ago.
Looking at his Outlook, appears he is only opening his mailbox ... I am wondering whether it is something with his AD account.
Years ago I had a weird case which went forever with Symantec support, and even a lot of Backline involvement .... finally turned out that the msExchangeSecurityDescriptor had some corrupt value ... and required Microsoft's engagement
Sorry for the delay in this update ... with different vacation schedules for different people involved.
Unfortunately, the end-user or field services were not able to devote any further time to gather logs or try suggestions.
So internally our case has been closed ... and I am unable to offer any resolution here.
thanks for your time!!!