cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After manual archive from Outlook, shortcut not create. From OWA shortcut create.

Adalf
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

I have problem with archiving mailbox. When I archive email from Outlook manually, EV will create item in vault, but dont create shortcut in mailbox. When I do this action in OWA, no problem there.

Second problem is, that I have set time mailbox policy to base on age, but mails dont archive to vault.

This problems is with first mailbox, added after install EV, no more mailboxes have this problems. I try remove archive, disable and enable.

Do you have any ideas? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adalf
Level 3
Partner
SOLUTION is ZAP tools...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 So when you archive the item from Outlook, does it stay as a pending item, or does it go back to a normal item?

Are you using Outlook in cached mode?  What version of EV?  Have you got a client trace, and a dtrace of ArchiveTask when this is happening?

With regards to the send problem, you can run the archive task in report mode, and see what it is likely to archive -- what does that show you?

Thirdly..  are you saying BOTH of these two problems are with only the first mailbox ever enabled?
Working for cloudficient.com

Adalf
Level 3
Partner
When I press manual archive button Store in Vault, email status changed to pending for several second and after lost from mailbox. When I open Archive Explorer, item is there, but no in maibox.

I have EV 8 SP2

When I run archive task in report mode, log show me:
No of archivable items: 3350
No of items ready to archive: 0

When I use dtrace, There is example:
EFP - Folder Policy Settings for [Doručená pošta]|  Filter Type = Not archiving this folder (do not archive)|

Yes, this problems is only with first mailbox.

Outlook is in cache mode, but I try both modes, and versions 2003 and 2007.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
So with Outlook open, right click on the Inbox, and have a look at the Enterprise Vault tab.  The folder appears to be marked as Do Not Archive.. which means things in it won't get archived.
Working for cloudficient.com

Adalf
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

i found problem with hidden message. When I delete hidden message, run synchronization and archivation, new correcrt hidden message is created.

But problem is solved only in root folder in Inbox, is any way to delete all hidden messages in all subfolders?

Adalf
Level 3
Partner
SOLUTION is ZAP tools...

rajendran_adaik
Level 2
Partner
I do have the same problem..please let me know the procedure to resolve issue

rajendran_adaik
Level 2
Partner
we have installed 8.0 sp 3..for only one user we are facing this issue..outlook manual archive not creating shortcut..but OWA is working fine