cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another OWA 2007 question

macro
Level 3

I am trying to find out how EV on OWA 2007 can be configured with the internal domain isn't resolvable by public DNS servers.  Archiving and recalling archived items works fine, but Archive Explorer won't.

It is very common for internal domains to be named domain.lcl or domain.ldap or similar, and in these cases clicking the archive explorer button and being directed to evserver.domain.lcl isn't going to work.  How can these buttons be configured to direct to a public name for the ev server?

4 REPLIES 4

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

You have to publish your EV Server to the Outside World...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/292532.htm

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

macro
Level 3

I understand that.

The problem is that if your EV server is named evserver.domain.local, there is no way for that hostname to be resolved via public DNS.  Even if your server is exposed to the public internet, clients will not be able to access it.

If your internal domain is domain.local and your public domain is domain.com how do you configure the buttons to direct clients to evserver.domain.com?

Message Edited by macro on 07-11-2008 06:41 AM

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK, seems like I missunderstood your question, sorry!

You want to change the URL that you can use a public DNS name.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen such a setting yet.

But I have found another thing, which *might* help:

Could you have a look at your Policy -> Advanced -> Client Connection.

Try to chose "proxy" there, maybe it helps.

There is also a setting WebAppAlias, but I don't think this has something to do with it.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

macro
Level 3
I would hope this is a pretty easy answer.  It is very common to have an internal domain that is different than a public domain.