cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any issues with upgrading from EV 7.5 to 8.0?

GianniCool
Level 6
Partner

I'm new to the EV world and I have a client that wants to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0.  Before I give them my "blessing", I want to know about the issues anyone has incurred, fixes, patches, etc...  Please help!

-Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alan_M
Level 6
It should be very straightforward although there are some minor issues that you need to be aware that will happen in most environments. These are described in the upgrade instructions included with EV8. You'll also need to remember to upgrade any extensions/services that get installed on other machines (such as OWA extensions, file placeholder service for FSA) as well upgrading the client extensions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Alan_M
Level 6
It should be very straightforward although there are some minor issues that you need to be aware that will happen in most environments. These are described in the upgrade instructions included with EV8. You'll also need to remember to upgrade any extensions/services that get installed on other machines (such as OWA extensions, file placeholder service for FSA) as well upgrading the client extensions.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just a note

Make sure you run the Deployment scanner before you do anything else. The new version of the Deployment Scanner that comes with EV8 is excellent and use that as your bible for prereqs.