cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to manually apply permission to a subfolder within FSA archive where original archive location doesn't exist?

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Any way to manually apply permission to a subfolder within FSA archive where original archive location doesn't exist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You don't need to use FSAUtility to recreate the su folder, you can just do it manually and then set the permissions you want and then resync Pretty sure I submitted this idea some time ago, will see if I can find the link
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I don't think it is possible as normally we add NTFS permission on the folder which will get sync with the FSA archive, but in your case we don't have folder on the filer server..

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

So you saying no way around to this?

A_J1
Level 6

But we can provide Permission on the archive level which should get inherited to all Subfolders...

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

We did explicitly applied permission in archive level, but the user still cannot access those folder. Can access other folders.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

If the file server does not exist , you need to grant permission on the FSA archive from the VAC. But you can only give access to the whole archive and not just to any specific archive.

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

We did grat permission for EVSVC account in that archive, in archive explorer we can see that archive and lot of folders, but not the folder that had explicit permission for other users.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You can log a Enhancement something like Allow user to Grant permission on sub-folder via Ev search.

So if you get enought votes on ur idea , it might be taken as a enhancement for the future release.

A_J1
Level 6

Unforunately what i said in the first post is the reason "I don't think it is possible as normally we add NTFS permission on the folder which will get sync with the FSA archive, but in your case we don't have folder on the filer server.."

Because permissions are sync using the FSA task..

Question : Does the File Server itself doesn't exsists anymore or we just don't have the Subfolder ??

A_J1
Level 6

If its just the folder then you may use FSAutility to restore the subfolder.. but if its an issue with the entire volume , then i would suggest to open a case with Support and see if they have any other answer.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You don't need to use FSAUtility to recreate the su folder, you can just do it manually and then set the permissions you want and then resync Pretty sure I submitted this idea some time ago, will see if I can find the link
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146