cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone seen any problems on sp2?

Thomas_Dilleen
Level 2
I know its a bit soon but has anyone installed or come accross any issues with SP2 released yesterday and exchange. Expecially in a clustered environment.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

Marc_Cacciola
Level 4
I installed in our VM lab environment without issue. But when attempting to install in production I encountered some .DLL registration issues:

Bad status (-1) Do( SELFREGISTRATION)

The following files could not be registered:

installpath\RestServer.dll
installpath\EVStoreAccessor.dll
installpath\StorageClients.dll
installpath\StorageCommon.dll

I've opened a case with Symantec.

Marc_Cacciola
Level 4
As far as my problem is concerned the good team at Symantec support have provided the following solution:

To resolve the SP2 installation error, please follow these steps on the Vault server:-

1. Add the following regkey folder, VaultKey, to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS

Once the VaultKey folder is created it will be populated with a registry key called Default.

Give Default a value of 1

2) Run setup.exe again. This time, the background, installation screen will appear in Red.

3) When you receive the error message again, leave the error message on the screen and go to the command prompt. Manually register the .DLLs and .EXEs as detailed in the error message, using REGSVR32 to register the .DLLs and /REGSERVER for .EXEs, if any executables are listed.

4) When finished, click OK on the installation Window to complete the installation.

I have not tried this yet but will ASAP.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
When you do the regsvr32 remember to use the full path to the dll. For example:
regsvr32 agentclientbroker.exe might not work, but regsvr32 "c:\program files\Enterprise Vault\agentclientbroker.exe" will

Marc_Cacciola
Level 4
I'll make a note of that. Can't wait to get the down-time and try again.

Thanks!

Thomas_Dilleen
Level 2
Hi,
Thanks for getting back so quickly. We need to install this patch asap so all information appreciated

Marc_Cacciola
Level 4
I've applied SP2 successfully after making the registry change listed earlier in this thread

Scott_Anderso1
Level 4
We just upgraded from 6.0 SP1 to SP2 this weekend. No errors, no problems at all.

Glenn_Martin
Level 6
Employee Accredited
We upgraded from V5 SP5 to V6 SP2 and the configuration was upgraded perfectly with all the policy & tasks created as expected. However, we still have indexing errors and various archive & retrieval errors which we're trying to nail down.

So in summary, the upgrade works but isn't the panacea we'd hoped for and the number of errors logged by EV is as many as ever. Perhaps it's just us, we've had EV for a few years now so the installation is "mature" or does everyone get lots of errors in their log on a daily basis.?

Vince_Corona
Level 4
Regarding many errors, I've found that when people inside or outside the company that is signed with a digital certificate, Vault can index or achive these items and get thrown into a sub folder in the Journal mailbox. According to symantec, they do not have a date when journaling/archiving of digitally signed email will be supported.

Scott_Anderso1
Level 4
We have had no indexing errors at all over a nine month period.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Cannot cope with digitially signed? What version are you running?

Vince_Corona
Level 4
EV 6.0, SP1.