cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut deletion behavior - 6.0 SP2 client on 5.0 SP4 server - How?

Stu_Packett
Level 4
I read on a previous post that with a 6.0 SP2 client, I can take advantage of the "shortcut deletion behavior" (pg51 6.0sp2 admin's guide) even on a 5.0 SP4 server.

I went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client on the client's PC and added "DeleteOriginalItem" with the string value of "Ask user", but when I delete a shortcut in Outlook, I was not prompted and it went straight to the Deleted Items folder. How do I get this to work? Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Make sure you did a sync run against the mailbox in order to push the permissions.

micah

David_Messeng1
Level 6
With the EV 5 client the answer would possibly be to add "IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI". Not sure what the EV 6 version of this might be...

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Hi Stu

You should be able to use 'DeleteOriginalItem' (Dword not reg_sz) under KVS\enterprisevault\Client. 0 = shortcut only, 1 = shortcut + archived content, 2= ask user

Try that one.

Cheers

Stu_Packett
Level 4
Hi everyone. I've already done a sync on that mailbox, but still not working. I'm not familiar withh the "IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI" settings, could you explain further.

I did the 'DeleteOriginalItem' with a DWORD value of 2, but when I press DEL on a shortcut, it still goes to the "Deleted Items" folder and does not prompt me.

I'm doing the registry changes on client as I'm a little hesitant to make any changes on the server. Am I supposed to be making the registry changes on the client? If so, any other suggestions? Thanks.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Client, yeah.

On your install CD you'll have a file called

=> Registry Values.chm <=

(or at least it used to be there in the good old version 5 days). this is required reading for all EV administrators.