cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archieve Retrieve error

Sandeep_Figer
Level 3
Hi,

I have a unique problem. We use EV sp2 for FSA archive. We have a SAN environment & so take a snapshot of my FIle Server clusters which is than presented to backup server as a volume & back up using backupexec 10.d. When this volume is presented to the backup server & I try to retrieve any archived files from this snapshop volume it come with error accessing system error. The same snapshop if I back up & restore to the same backup server I can restore from this snapshot volume. There is no permission issue for ure.

Any thoughts. I even installed placeholder service on thsi backup server as well. I guess there was some article on symantec as well where you could have placeholder service on some new server to retrieve files. DOes nayone know on the file details?
Appreciate quick help!

Regards,

Sandeep
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is the enterprise vault server in the local intranet zone on your back up server?
Also, did you install the placeholder as VSA?
Is VSA local admin?

Compare the settings of the original and the backup.Message was edited by:
Tony Sterling

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is the enterprise vault server in the local intranet zone on your back up server?
Also, did you install the placeholder as VSA?
Is VSA local admin?

Compare the settings of the original and the backup.Message was edited by:
Tony Sterling

Sandeep_Figer
Level 3
Hi,

Enterprise vault server is not in the the intranet zone. AlLso there is no place holder service on the backup server. I just installed it yesterday to see if things work. As mentioned earlier if I backup on tap, than restore on some disl & than able copy files but not directly from the Snapshot backup done.

Sandeep